Friday, June 16, 2006

Underwear Philosophy

I haven't always been capable of looking outside myself. In fact, it has taken a purposeful effort. I, like many humans, am selfish in nature. At some point as a young adult, I was able to look at other perspectives. Perhaps I don't mean look, but actually think critically at other worldviews.

I spent a good portion of my life taking care of myself. I spent another good portions of my life attempting (and often times succeeding) to manipulate people and circumstances. I assure you that I have my reasons to justify my efforts. However, I will fight the urge to recite my childhood stories of latch-key trauma. Instead, I admit my complete failure at attempting to control my life and it's outcomes. I've learned through my life that the more I attempt to control, the less likely I am to attain my desired result.

Life is what it is. It's a beast. A wild ride around the sun that has few certainties. We are certain that...1. The sun will rise. 2. Change is certain. 3. At the end of each day, no matter how hard I try, my underwear will mysteriously produce amazingly odiferous skid marks, even though I sometimes go through the entire work days without going number two.

Therein lies the mystery. (No not in my stained undies). Walking, talking, breathing, loving, existing in a world that often times seems senseless.

1 comment:

Ashli Hepler said...

You need fresh panties
I need a fresh blog