Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A Matter of Feeling

How does it feel when everyone surrounds you?
How do you deal? Do crowds just make you feel lonely?
What do you say when people come and try to pin you down?

Acquaintances smile, but there's no understanding--
How after a while, you keep falling off the same mountain...
Try to explain it...nothing really gets them that high...

Steal away in the morning
Love's already history to you...
It's a habit you're forming
This body's desperate for something new...
Just a matter of feeling,
This moment's madness sure to pass...
And tears will dry as you're leaving
Who knows, you might find something to last...

Emotion's a game, saved up for a rainy Monday--
But you laugh just the same--'cos it's been pourin' on sunday...
Call up your numbers, never let the zeroes bring you down...
How does it feel? Is time too heavy to hold?
Whatever you decide, for the the moment is holy...
Whenever you slow down--
To see life is passing by...

I admit that I am a fan of Duran Duran. I spent many of my childhood years analyzing their lyrics that, upon further review in my adult years, don't really mean anything. Sure they sounded "neat." But, I never really understood the intent or the emotion that Simon LeBon was attempting to convey. However, this song, the exception.

I do keep falling off the same mountain. Time is too heavy to hold. My body is depreate for something new. I do feel lonely in crowds.

That's who I am. That's how I feel...NOT.

That's a bunch of dookie. Duran Duran was crazy.

No comments: